Tuesday 4 April 2017

It's a wrap March

I can't believe March has come to an end already (and this post is a bit late).

The last two weeks have gone by in a whizz and I haven't had any time to post anything here. Tristan turned 18 on the 18th and had a party at home with a few friends. It was really chilled and I think they all enjoyed themselves. We had a family celebration too, on the Saturday. I find it so hard to believe my small child is now so grown up! Also, how cute was my kid when he was small!
We did a bit of birthday shopping on my day off (It was also a school holiday). New earphones, clothes, shoes and a few other goodies. Bit of a spoil for both of us.



Tristan - 5 years old

On Tuesday I flew up to Jhb for some training. It was the first time in more than 30 years that I have been in Jhb. (sad, I know) Jhb is quite green compared to our drought situation here in Cape Town, but I missed the sea and our beautiful mountains. Had a bit of a tour around our Rosebank offices and was very impressed. Loads of interesting artwork on display.

 
It was also my week to host over on @its_my_week on IG and I decided to do #myweekofwallart (inspired by all the art I saw in Jhb) We each take turns hosting a week at a time and have to come up with interesting themes. I enjoyed the wall art so much.


It was my sister Kerry's birthday too this month and she celebrated it with breakfast with friends at Bluewater Café, which is literally on my doorstep. It is super kid friendly and there is also a petting zoo with loads of cute animals.

The train situation is still a big problem with all the delays and general safety issues. Been quite nervous to even take my phone out anymore. Not cool at all!

Here are a few photos from the last two weeks.

15 March 2017 - Salt River Station 
16 March 2017 - Lakeside Station 
24 March 2017 - Heathfield Station 
29 March 2017 - Kalk Bay Station 
30 March 2017 -  Observatory Station
31 March 2017 - Muizenberg Station



No comments:

Post a Comment