Sunday 15 January 2017

On my doorstep

I love the beach!

But in reality I only have eyes for Fish Hoek Beach. It's a problem as I don't give any other beaches a chance. I love going down there early in the morning and getting a good spot to camp out for the day. I'm armed with my umbrella, towel, sunblock and snacks. I mostly go alone and just enjoy my own company while I watch all the other beach goers.

We live really close to Long Beach in Kommetjie, but I hardly ever go there. Ok, almost never. I grew up in the valley and actually spent quite a bit of time on Long Beach as a teenager, mostly watching the surfers. It's a very popular surfing beach and a lot of international surfing competitions are held there, but mostly in winter.


Today Jacques suggested that we go for a walk on the beach and I was like, ok let's go to Fish Hoek Beach, but he wanted to go to Long Beach. So, off we went.  The tide was low, the waves were small, people were walking their dogs and a few kids were surfing. We ended up staying for ages and decided that we will definitely be doing this more often. I collected some shells and took a few photos with my phone. Need to remember to take the big girl camera next time.

And this is literally on my doorstep...









No comments:

Post a Comment