Wednesday 18 January 2017

The commuter and the book


With all the technology, devices and gadgets available out there, you would think that things like books and newspapers would feature a lot less in people’s lives.

Well, I still see a lot of people reading a good old fashioned book on the train. A few have switched to Kindles and e-readers, but some people just enjoy the feel of a real book in their hands.

I love books and own a Kindle, but haven’t actually read anything on it in a while. I also have a small pile of books next to my bed that I need to carry on reading. My mistake was starting on more than one at a time… (I’m also completely distracted by Netflix and Showmax lately) I tried to start a small book club in my neighbourhood, but sadly it didn't take off. We only had two gatherings and then it went quiet. Might try and revive it this year.

What are your favourite type of books? Crime, romance, classic novels, mystery, autobiographies?
Do you have a favourite author?

A few of my favourite authors are Karin SlaughterMark Billingham and Mo Hayder.

I snapped this commuter’s photo yesterday and she seemed quite engrossed in her book.


18 January 2017 - Harfield Road Station

No comments:

Post a Comment