Wednesday 15 February 2017

Questions?

Every now and then I get asked about my train commuter photos. The biggest question is "Do they mind me taking their photo?" and another one is "How do I manage to take these photos without getting caught?" All my train photos are candid, for obvious reasons. Would YOU pose for a photo by a complete stranger? I don't think so.

Well, I mostly hold the phone quite close to me and keep it there long before and long after I have taken the photo. People must think I have major eye problems...

Sometimes I get the perfect shot once off and other times I have time to take a few shots. People with interesting accessories like glasses, hats, scarves, or even a funky hairstyle are the best ones to take photos of. And people doing makeup are the absolute BEST! I always make sure to portray the person in the best way possible. Trust me, there are soooo many photos that have not made it onto my IG, for various reasons.

Over the years I have had a few people come across themselves on my IG/Facebook page and their reactions have been positive, every single time. I have even had a few people commenting that they are waiting for me to take their photo! Also, I have been 'recognised' and greeted on the train by total strangers. (So weird, but pleasant)

I hope this answers a few questions you might have had. There are almost 500 of #TheEverydayCommute photos on my IG account, so head on over there and you might just see a photo of yourself.





 13 February 2017 - Lakeside/Kalk Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment